October 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home






We're home. Cornell and I closed on our house just 10 days ago, and we're just now regaining our strength. The home-buying process can really sap your time and energy. It's almost like taking on another full-time job. For the past 6 months we've been planning, waiting, packing, moving, and now living! It has been rewarding to unpack our stuff and start building our home again. All is well, and we can't wait to have everyone come see us in our new digs. Even Jax is acting like a new cat. I'm posting a few pictures for those interested. You can tell Jax loves the place. Then, I'll be sporadically catching up on my blogging, since I have taken several photos over the past few weeks but just haven't had time to post a blog. 'Til then...

6 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! Isn't it the hugest relief to FINALLY get into your home and have all the tedious, monotonous stuff behind you! Beautiful house, now the fun stuff, decorating!!!

garrett said...

how exciting! I can't wait to see the place!

Bonnie said...

Hi Carrie, Love the photos of your new home. Isn't tile great! Jax looks like he's right at home--miss you. We'll be down soon before the snow flies the second time. Mom

Me said...

Your home looks nice, congratulations!

Becky said...

YAY, are you making it yours now?
Congrats guys!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I am so glad to see that you have been into your home for a while.